Huntington Beach, CA (July 07, 2022) – A 73-year-old man was left in critical condition following a two-vehicle crash in Fountain Valley on Tuesday, July 5th.
According to sources, the incident took place at about 7:00 a.m. in the area of Brookhurst Street and Garfield Avenue. An investigation determined that the elderly man was riding his bicycle eastbound on Garfield Avenue when a Ford F-350 pick-up truck made a lefthand turn onto Brookhurst Street from Garfield Avenue.
Upon their arrival, emergency responders transferred the cyclist to a nearby hospital with critical injuries. The driver of the pick-up, identified only as a 65-year-old man from Huntington Beach, remained on the scene and cooperated with the police.
Drugs and alcohol do not seem to be factors in the collision. No additional details are available.
The incident is under investigation.
Our thoughts are with the injured victim and their family at this time. We hope for their full recovery.
Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in California
There are many different factors that can contribute to pedestrian accidents in California. The most frequent negligent behaviors that lead to these incidents are:
- Time of Day/Visibility: Most pedestrian accidents happen at night. Limited visibility and a higher number of drunk drivers make roadway conditions especially hazardous for those on foot
- Driving too Fast: Drivers who disregard the posted speed limit often fail to notice pedestrians trying to cross the street
- Drunk and Drugged Driving: Driving while intoxicated is a leading cause of road accidents statewide
- Failure to Signal: When a driver fails to use their turn indicators, a pedestrian trying to cross the road has no warning and can walk right into a car’s path
- Failure to Yield: When a driver fails to yield the right of way to a pedestrian or another vehicle at an intersection, serious accidents are often the result
- Distracted Driving: This includes using a cell phone to make phone calls or send text messages, eating, drinking, reaching for objects, or any other activity that takes a driver’s focus off of the road
Contact the law firm today of Beckerman Anderson online or by phone at (949) 409-4299 in order to speak with a skilled and experienced attorney concerning your case. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay nothing out of pocket or upfront. We don’t get paid unless you do, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Note: These posts have been generated through the use of outside and secondary sources for Beckerman Anderson. These sources include news stories, police reports, and first-hand accounts of accidents and the injuries involved. As a result, we have not been able to independently verify all of the details surrounding each accident that we post about. If you see any information that is not factual or is incorrect, please notify us immediately and we will ensure that the story is corrected with the most accurate content available.
Disclaimer: As members of our local community, we at Beckerman Anderson, strive to draw awareness to the dangers that are related to driving and provide overall safety information for our community members. We are always saddened when we learn about a serious injury accident in our area and hope that through awareness, drivers in our community will take the necessary precautions to avoid such accidents. The information provided in these posts should not be misconstrued as legal or medical advice. This story is not a solicitation for business. The photographs used in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.